Sunday, September 7, 2014

The kid life was REAL

I got my ears pierced when I was seven. My mom said I wouldn't want to look like a pirate the rest of my life. She said she would take me to Finding Nemo after. My other ear was soon pierced. Bawling and crying with excitement, I went to see the fish.


Do you remember Walt Disney? He was a great man who made dreams come true. He took drawings and turned them into animated movies. I want to be five and stay up late with my brother just to finish Jungle Book. I want to have my Seven Dwarfs that sing back. Don't get me wrong "Let It Go" is great, but off to work we go! Tangled is good, but Sleeping Beauty has real art. There is something about Walt's movies he connects with you and brings emotion to this empty world.



In 2002 I scooted closer to the TV until face to face with Mickey Mouse, with a big smile on my face. I don't want no hot digity dog on channel 33. I want the real Mickey back!


 Walt you brought many colors to my world. I know your name as a name not a brand. A name full of wonderful memories. I want my color back!






1 comment: