Sunday, September 14, 2014

This is for you cancer

Cancer I hate you, yes you, don't look surprised.
You made my positive life into a negative
You came quite and disguised and then boom you hit me all at once.
You started with my brother then my mother, in a years time.
You lasted longer than a year you fought hard
I know you don't care about your targets you just hit them with your radiation gun.
Didn't you know my Brother had his own problems or that my Mother was pregnant. Oh stupid cancer you messed up big this time.
Practically taking three life's, you dirty rat.
You sneak through the body where ever you want and shut it down just with power of a button.
I didn't know a football could grow on my Brothers stomach or that his cure would make him bald, skinny, and pale. 
Just to "shrink" his tumor? 
I heard rumors about you all that ended with devastated family's.
Would that be mine in the end?
Will there be an end?
Cancer why do you have to be so unpredictable.
You invade, inscruiciate, and deprivate. 
I'm not finished, you took my moms thyroid. 
Something you can't replace, like my drowning heart in misery.
She ain't the same mom I had once.
To many drugs... Are all of them real or just comfort pills.
She talks slow and isn't in this world as much as me. 
She doesn't laugh the same or look the same. 
Most of all She doesn't love me the same.
I miss my old mom, the new her is not my favorite...
Why you inconsiderate son of a beast.
This is not a pity poem but a few things I'd like to say to my ugly friend cancer. 
I know your gone now, but how do I know you won't return.. 
Promise me you'll leave me alone,
trust me you had your fun.
P.S. Next time you have to come through me before my family. 
P.P.S. Have fun with your guilt life. 

14 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about this. Cant imagine how tough that would be. Good luck to you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really powerful, my mom battled with cancer as well, almost made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. So much sadness and truth in one post

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post has a great, original tone. Very creative and moving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very powerful, and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sad and so beautiful. thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate all your comments thank you (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so powerful. I sat there staring at the screen for a minute before commenting. SO good. "I know you don't care about your targets you just hit them with your radiation gun."

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of those posts you feel deep down in your heart. I have had much experience, too much, with cancer. My younger brother lost all of his long beautiful hair and for a little over year fought for his life. Not only did it change his life, but it changed mine. I will never be the same after watching him unwillingly go through all that he had to. Many tears were shed. Anyways, i feel ya. Cancer is a bitch.

    --Sgt. Pepper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah cancer definitely effects more then just the victims #screwcancer

      Delete